Monday, February 2, 2009

Two Peas in a Pod

Cassie and Hannah, these two crack me up.  Their relationship started a little slow.  When Hannah first came home from the hospital Cassie was interested, but only vaguely.  I think mostly she was annoyed at this baby that cried and demanded attention and had immediate needs that had to be met.  A bit like a certain 5 year old who had been the baby in the family for quite some time.  In the past year though, these two have become inseparable.  Hannah wants to be right there by Cassie's side at all times and Cassie is usually a pretty good sport about it, unless of course, Hannah wants a bouncy ball or bubble gum (the two things Cassie treasures above all else and finds nearly impossible to share.)  If Cassie had her way, the two of them would have matching outfits every day of the week.  I often find them in deep conversation with Cassie seriously explaining something and Hannah nodding intently.  The other day I walked in on a conversation about all the pets we have had and how each one died (Note to pets- don't come here to live).  For the next several days Hannah kept saying things like "I really miss my dog Duke.  He should have looked both ways." and "Poor Bun-bun."  Cassie does not like to spare details. 

Tonight Hannah really showed me how she feels.  She has been quite sick all evening and all she wanted (after Mommy of course) was Cassie.  What she actually said was "I need Cassie."  So sweet.








4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Natalie, that second pic is just precious. They are all good! And what sweet sisters they are.

RRigdon said...

Oh that is beyond precious. An inspiration.

Sophia said...

Natalie, I just found the sweetest Valentine's Day toy for Hannah! A bit pricey perhaps, but so cute. http://www.uncommongoods.com/item/item.jsp?itemId=17713&utm_medium=email&utm_source=20090209a&utm_campaign=mailboxImage

Anonymous said...

Thanks for making me smile Natalie. I always love reading your handywork!