Saturday, February 21, 2009

Cassie's Favorite Things

Tonight Cassie, Holly and I were in the car playing the drop off game. Cassie was going to a sleepover and Holly had a middle school dance. Cassie was, as usual, gabbing incessantly. Enough to make my ears bleed. So much that I had to take control of the situation. I couldn't be the one to answer the questions anymore. I started asking her what her favorite random things were. She seemed to enjoy the questions, but the amazing thing to me was that she didn't have to stop for even a second to weigh her options before answering. That, and the fact that she answered as if she was on a talk show, beginning every answer with "I would have to say".

So, now that the monologue is over, we can move on to the interview portion of our show:

"What is your favorite color?"
These are Cassie's responses to my questions, verbatim-ish, minus the dramatic hand gestures.
"I would have to say purple, but not light purple and not dark purple, because dark purple is almost blue and I really don't like blue that much. Light purple is too light, you know, almost like pinkish? I like pink, but purple is better."
"What is your favorite girl name?"
"I would have to say Nicole. Because it is my middle name and if I had babies I would name a girl Nicole. But, I'm not sure if I'm going to have babies, because I might just want to have puppies. Puppies are just so cute. I don't know if I want to get married, so it would be better to have dogs. I really like dogs. You know, little ones that can live in the house with me so I won't be lonely? But I like babies too, so I'm just not sure."
"What is your favorite fruit?"
"I would have to say watermelon."
I waited patiently for a more detailed explanation of her love for watermelon but none came. Just watermelon. 'nuff said.
"What is your favorite cereal?"
"I would have to say those square things that Daddy buys, that has the blue stuff on it? I like the strawberry ones too, but the blue ones are better. I hope we buy more of those. I would say Cocoa Pebbles, but I am too attracted to them and they are too sugary. You know, like they rot your teeth?
"What is your favorite month?"
"I would have to say December. Not just because of Christmas, but because we are out of school and we get to spend time with our families and people we don't see very much."

Yeah, right.

3 comments:

RRigdon said...

I. Love. It.

RRigdon said...

I'm too attracted to coffee, you know, like it gives me brown teeth and makes me stay up late?

a said...

Hilarious! I love it too.