Friday, February 13, 2009

Bouncy Ball Bathtime with Barbie


Cassie keeps her collection of bouncy balls in her Barbie dreamhouse bathtub.  She takes them out and counts them frequently.  There are 12, by the way. While she shares most things very well, the bouncy balls are really not up for grabs.  They belong to her, no questions asked.  She may let you toss one around, but let it be known that she will not take her eyes off it and will be a smidge agitated until the ball returns to its rightful place in the bathtub.   Apparently these bouncy balls are decoration balls.

The bouncy balls are not the only thing she squirrels away.  It's like she was born during the Depression, or has 18 siblings, or is in prison.  Every corner of our house is subject to Cassie's stashes.  It is not uncommon to move a chair and find a few pennies, a piece of  candy and a bracelet shoved way back in the corner of the room.  I always feel bad when I do a massive cubby clean out and put all her little treasures back in her room, but she's sort of like a dog that forgets where he buries his bone.

2 comments:

RRigdon said...

hahahahahaha!

If I come to your pool soon...will you deep down think that I only love you for your pool?

Natalie said...

Never!!! Even if you only love me for my pool, I will tempt you with it just so we can have a coffee/talk date!