Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I Am Brave

I am.  Super brave, really.  At the bookstore I have handled all sorts of ickiness.  You wouldn't think icky would be the case at a bookstore, would you?  But sometimes it really is.  Mostly I am not squeamish and can clean up all sorts of messes without gagging or needing backup.  I am opposed to surprises, however.  Like the other day, for instance.  I walked past something lying in the middle of the store.  I was just far enough away to not be able to 100% identify the item.  From where I was standing it looked like a mouse.  A dead mouse.  Lying in the middle of the floor.  I knew rationally that it couldn't be a mouse, since we have never had one before and I'm sure we never will.  I can deal with cleaning up a mouse, I just can't be surprised by one.  So I asked a co-worker to go check it out.  I told her that I would do the clean up, I just needed to what sort of mess I was walking into.  So, she did.  The brave soul walked right up and checked it out.  Then she bent over and picked up that little plastic hippo.  Then she made fun of me.  Rightfully so. 

3 comments:

RRigdon said...

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Our kids got some pretend snakes in their Christmas stockings, and I scream and jump on a regular basis, thinking they are real.

Anonymous said...

We need to talk about the mouse issue. Nuff said.

Anonymous said...

Such a fierce and bold manager.