Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Summer Plans



School is out!!!  This year I arranged my work schedule differently (thanks to the kindness of my boss) and am taking vacation days one day at a time so that I can be home with the kids every day they are at our house!  I'm so excited to be able to spend the entire summer break with them.  I have been making notes for fun things to do although I don't want to spend the whole time just "doing."  We have to have the appropriate amount of "do nothing" time as well!  And of course, enough time to just play outside and dig holes, or whatever.  Here are some of the things on our agenda:
  • Go on a cruise
  • Imagination Station (I love to jump on those bouncy things!)
  • Get a dog or at least spend some time at the Humane Society until we find one that adopts us!
  • Go to the Butterfly park at Lost River Cave and have a picnic there!
  • Spend a few nights camping in the backyard campsite area!
  • Go to Kentucky Down Under to see the animals.  Hopefully I am not banned from there.
  • Feeding the ducks at the park.
  • Read some books.
Man, what a great summer!  

2 comments:

RRigdon said...

Excellent scheduling idea for your vacations days!!

candy said...

It sounds like the perfect summer to me. Who knew there was a butterfly garden at Lost River Cave?