Sunday, June 28, 2009

Being Three


Hannah had her 3 year old check up today. Here's the verdict:

1. She's quite verbal.
2. She is in the 90th percentile for height.
3. She is in the 45th percentile for weight.
4. Everything looks great!

Here are the conclusions that I reached from this visit:
1. Sitting around discussing global issues and politics with Hannah has really paid off when it comes to vocabulary. I'm sure I can thank the news anchors for teaching her to say "I'm gonna kick your heiny!"
2. The weight and height were no surprise. Even though she was 2 months premature, my obsessive attention to organic, homemade, low fat, gluten free, low sugar meals combined with my strict "no snacks" policy is really going to pay off for her in the long run.
3. I learned that I can use Dr. Kneiry's name as a bribe. Now I say "Dr. Kneiry said you have to drink milk, Dr. Kneiry said no more apple juice, Dr. Kneiry said you have to go bed now." Not that I ever have to bribe my child to do anything, but it's nice to know that I have options.

2 comments:

candy said...

Every time I talk to this remarkable child, I remember how worried you were before she was born and I say a little thank you prayer that she's so special in every way!

a said...

I love dropping the doctor's name! Isn't it weird how they will follow rules better if you remind them that the doctor said they have to do it? I've also heard that once they get a bit bigger, dropping teachers' names works too.

Yes!
- Amanda M.