Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Charlie & Rosie




One of the things on our summer to do list was to get a dog. Our dog, Duke died about a year ago and we have been petless for too long. So last weekend (with 6 of Holly's friends in tow) we all went to the Humane Society to find our new dog. With 7 twelve year olds with us it was a little hard to focus. There were many squeals of delight over the cuteness of this little dog, or that little dog. What none of us realized is that we were brought to the Humane Society on false pretenses because Paul was ONLY adopting a Labrador. So that narrowed it down a bit. We found a yellow Lab with some Chow mixed in that seemed really sweet, so we filled out the necessary paperwork and waited to be approved. After the reference checks and home visits were conducted we were allowed to pick up our new 6 month old.

The wonderful people at the Humane Society (especially Leah and Elizabeth!) brought our new dog to me and after a few minutes I realized that this was not my dog, but looked a lot like him. Turns out she was the sister of our new dog. Out loud Elizabeth said, "Oops!" but I'm pretty sure that inside she said "SUUUUUCKER!!!" Well, after that I really had no choice, The next day, I was forced to pick up his sister.

Meet Charlie and Rosie!!!




4 comments:

Toothy said...

Oh my I didn't realize you got two dogs, oh how cute that they are brother and sister. Now it's like you have 6 kids, wow I don't know how you find the energy.

candy said...

Forget about the dogs, what about Hannah's new hair cut? Adorable! Love the bob. PS the dogs are cute, too.

Theresa said...

I am so happy for all of you! Charlie and Rosie have a wonderful new home and family!!! And you... I am looking forward to the blog stories! Also, I agree with Candy... adorable!

Natalie said...

Oh yes, Hannah is stylin' her new summer bob. She calls it "Hair just like my sister Cassie's"