Monday, January 26, 2009

The Mystery of the Plates


I LOVE my husband.  Really, really love him.  He is the opposite of me in most ways.  I suppose that is why it works so well.  I don't really need a lot of answers, I'm pretty satisfied to let mysteries exist as long as they don't disrupt my day or potentially cause harm.  My husband, however, needs ANSWERS.  For instance, yesterday he unloaded the dishwasher and it seemed to him that there were a few too many plates.  
Paul:  What's with all the plates?  Did you take them out of the cabinet to wash them?
Natalie:  Well, no, because that's stupid.
Paul:  Did you buy more plates?
Natalie:  No.  I made food, we ate it on plates, I put the plates in the dishwasher.  
Paul:  But you still haven't answered my question.  Why so many plates?
Natalie:  This is an asinine conversation that I am not having. Ever.  

Then I threw the plate at his head thereby lowering the mysterious plate count by one. 
Not really, I sort of like my plates and I really like my husband's head.  I just passive aggressively put a post it note on the dishwasher explaining the day's plate usage.

5 comments:

RRigdon said...

Once you have a kid, you never throw anything again...not because you don't get mad anymore, but because you are too tired to clean up ONE MORE MESS.

Anonymous said...

Please don't break the fiesta.

Anonymous said...

Never throw a yellow one!

Natalie said...

I think is is very interesting that everyone is more concerned about the plates than Paul's lovely head or my state of mind.

Anonymous said...

I've read all the comments and agree with all of them but nobody has commented on the most important thing you wrote in your post. Paul was unloading the dishwasher. Wow, this is almost as impressive as builidng your house or the swimming pool in your back yard. Amazing!