Friday, January 9, 2009

I Lurve my New Sewing Machine


My mom & dad got me a sewing machine for my birthday. They unpacked it and set it up on the dining room table for me. Since then I have been plotting and planning projects. Projects galore. All involving lots of sewing. My first project was to replace the very ugly swag drapes in my bedroom that are 80's pink and seafoam green. They need to go! I picked the fabric out last week. I have thread, I have a sewing machine, I am on vacation so I also have time. But I have been scared. The sewing machine has been sitting there mocking me. All high and mighty with it's instruction manual sitting right there beside it. It seems like it knows that I am challenged when it comes to mechanical items.

I AIN'T AFRAID OF NO STINKIN' SEWIN' MACHINE!

So I sat myself down and made myself some new drapes. Just because I could. So there.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you! Before you know it you will be a nerd like me and tape the shows on KET to watch in your spare time. I can see it now, Paul will build you a sewing room or better yet, a craft house to sotre all your projects. I'm so jealous.

Anonymous said...

Bravo! Let's see pics, please.
xxx L

RRigdon said...

Pictures at once! I have a smart-ass sewing machine, too, and so far it has kept me away with its taunts of complexity.

Proper Primer said...

Natalie: 1 Sewing Machine: 0
I have wanted a sewing machine for quite some time. I understand this love/hate relationship because they intimidate me. You should have gotten a home ec teacher as a roommate like I did! It is way better than "learning" how to use it!

Natalie said...

Sure! Pictures coming. I also hemmed some pants the other day. Oh yeah I did!!!!