Thursday, April 2, 2009

Roast Beef & Ghosts



Imaginary friends are the best!  They are always there for you and never, ever let you down.  They are never too busy to play or eat with you.  I had an imaginary friend, her name was Cindy Roast-Beef (she hyphenated.)  My poor mother was required to set a place at the table every night for Cindy.  For many years, I'm afraid to say.  Hannah has an imaginary friend as well, his name is "Baby Ghost".  I believe his name originated from this old book at Grandma's house.  He does some things that Hannah isn't allowed to do.  For instance, Baby Ghost puts his feet on the kitchen table.  Baby Ghost also runs around naked all day long and never has to get dressed.  Baby Ghost is allowed to eat sugar lumps from Grandma Rowald's sugar bowl.  Baby Ghost also can say "what the heck" with no consequences.  Baby Ghost takes a bath without having to wash his face.  Baby Ghost has it made, really.  Either an imaginary friend is a common thing to have or I have passed the crazy gene on to my child.  Or perhaps both.  Poor girl.

1 comment:

Toothy said...

hahaha, Hannah is so funny. I don't think I had an imaginary friend but I had a name for every doll even my brothers GI Joes.