Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Ode to a Librarian

This is my Bookmobile Librarian.  When I was 10 years old my next door neighbor Wendy, wrote a letter to the library to get the bookmobile to come to our street.  And he did.  Every Tuesday afternoon Wendy and I were there to pick out our books for the next week.  I chose more than I could possibly read in one week because it has always been my biggest fear to run out of books.  If there was an author that I particularly liked he would bring me more books.  This is how I went through the entire Nancy Drew series.  There were times when Tuesday was too far away and Mom and Dad had to take me mid-week to the library to load up.  This is what kind of nerdy kid I was.  Want to know what kind of nerdy adult I am?  I take pictures with my Bookmobile Librarian, who is still driving that library on wheels.  It is my dream job!

6 comments:

maryjo said...

You have the wild-eyed "it's bookfest" look about you.

Natalie said...

Oh Mary Jo, you haven't seen me in awhile. This is how I look all the time now. I have the crazy eyes real bad!

Unknown said...

I can't believe it!!! That man was our Bookmobile Librarian too!! He was so nice, if we would ask for books he would bring them the next week. What a great service. Hope you have recovered from the fun day at Bookfest.

candy said...

You may have the crazy eyes, but just wait til you deveolp an eye twitch. That's a lot of fun. I hear it's caused by too much stress and too much caffeine. 2 ingredients that go hand in hand with Bookfest.

Mrs. G. said...

Librarians, male or female, are sex-ay. All those books, all that power.

Jim Bradley said...

Speaking as a librarian (and stud-muffin), Mrs. G couldn't be more correct.