Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Spatially Challenged


I have always had this problem.  
We have something in the cafe called "Wave plates" that are put on earth just to mock me.  These plates are to be placed in the bake case of our cafe at certain angle.  I can never figure this out. 
The other day I had to move two square tables side by side at an angle and had to call a customer over to tell me if they were angled correctly (they weren't- so he said).  Luckily he is a regular who already knows that I have issues.  I am not one of those people who can "eyeball" things.  I still try though because I am spatially challenged and lazy.  This means that all my pictures in my home are crooked and at strange heights.  I can't read maps unless I turn the it to face the direction that I am going, thereby making it difficult to read because it is then sideways or upside down.  I ran into real problems with the maps on the iPhone because when you try to turn the phone it magically turns the map for you as well.  I kept making wrong turns.
I do puzzles by making names for each piece, such as "OK, I'm looking for the piece that looks like a camel drinking."
I'm pretty sure that I was one of those kids that couldn't make the shapey things go in the right hole.

No comments: