Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Tikki Tikki Tembo.......For Libby


My sweet friend, Libby, recently introduced us to a wonderful classic Tikki Tikki Tembo. Now, I have been a bookseller for 23 years and sadly, have never read this book. As you can tell it immediately became a favorite and since purchasing it a week ago I'm certain that I have read it 13 million times. Or so. Last night we got the pleasure of introducing it to Cassie as well. Tonight I got the night off and Hannah "read" the book to Holly (who remembers the book from kindergarten). She also required Holly to sit in her lap and turn off the big light (sorry about the lighting, I had no control!) It's amazing to me how many people can instantly recite Tikki's entire name as if it were their own, now Cassie, Hannah and I will get to join the club!



One of the best things in the world is to share a lovely book with someone who has yet to have the pleasure!!!! Customers look at me strangely when I exclaim, "Oh! You are so lucky you haven't read this yet!!!"

By the way, whenever I say "Libby...." Hannah replies, "MY Libby?"
Yes, your Libby
but she was MINE first!

3 comments:

RRigdon said...

i love it. Libby is the type of girl that everybody wants...

Anonymous said...

That video is the seetest thing I've ever seen. Sadly, I have never read Tikki, Tikki, Tembo. Will need to rectify immediatley.

Anonymous said...

Oooh that is sooo lovely! She is my Hannah and you are my Natalie Sue. Forever.
xxx L.