Saturday, December 20, 2008

Dancing Class

Tonight Hannah told me that she would like for us to go up to her room to dance. We do this often. It involves turning off the lights and turning on her drum that plays funky music and lights up (Thanks Mary Jo!) Then we dance. Crazy dancing! Except tonight, Hannah had a different plan. I set the stage and started dancing when Hannah pulled up a chair and sat down. When I asked why she wasn't dancing she told me that we were in dancing class and that she was the teacher. Then she asked me to continue dancing while she watched me. It tends to make you a bit self conscious, knowing that your 2 year old thinks you may need some pointers in the boogie department. It is also a little disconcerting to hear "dance, Mommy, dance!" over and over again like any minute she was going to start shooting at my feet. After seriously scrutinizing my moves, she declared that my dancing was passable and got up to join me. I guess she has high standards in dance partners.

4 comments:

RRigdon said...

why didn't you put a video of yourself dancing as per Hannah's instructions? do it.

Natalie said...

Oh, silly Rachel, that will NEVER happen!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you , thank you. I really needed a little pick me up. Elaine dancing does the trick. Ho! Ho! Ho!

RRigdon said...

oh well. Elaine is a decent substitute for Natalie's moves...