Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas at Our House





We had a fabulous Christmas. Santa came to our house on December 23rd because everyone knows that even with magic it's hard to get the job done in just one night. That evening we also had our Family Christmas which is more fun every year! The kids are beginning to outnumber the adults and I fear we may have a coup on our hands next year! Here are some things I learned this year:
1. When Christian says he only wants one particular thing. He really means it. There is no need to get "fluff" just to get his quantity up.
2. Holly refuses to give you any clue of what she wants so you have to start paying very close attention beginning in September.
3. Cassie screams "I love Santa!" regardless of who actually gave her the gift. She also screams the name of the item in the same tone of voice every year. Last year, "AN IPOD!!!!!!! I LOVE SANTA!!!! This year, "SWIM TO ME PUPPY!!!! I LOVE SANTA!!!
4. All Hannah needs is a good box of bandaids & a whistle to be happy. We have both been covered in Diego bandaids since Christmas! I'm afraid the whistle mysteriously disappeared. What was Santa thinking?
5. It's surprisingly difficult to explain the differences between Santa & God to a 2 1/2 year old. I think it's the "watching you" part that got her confused.
A special thanks to Chris, Melissa & Gracie who so graciously hosted the party this year less than 1 month after moving into a new home! Can you imagine?


Do you remember when I used to apologize for the high, squeaky, Mommy voice? Yeah, well, I don't do that anymore because apparently it is a permanent voice change.


1 comment:

RRigdon said...

It looks like the perfect blend of snuggly and exciting. :) Why do your kids look cute and dressed up? I can never post our Christmas pictures. We're always a ragtag tribe of hags/street urchins/bedheads...