Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Blanket with the Longest Name...Ever



Every night Hannah has several bedtime rituals:
1. She must read at least one book while rocking before going to bed
2. She will request "Daddy's crackers" for a snack. These are Wheat Thins in a baggie that I keep in her room.
3. Of course after crackers one is generally thristy.
4. The closet door must be closed to lock in the "Big Scary Knuckles"
5. She gathers random things that she wants to sleep with that night, sometimes it's her slippers, a book, a car, some stuffed animals, chapstick. I slowly sneak things out as she puts them in so that she has room for her little self in the bed.
6. We say our prayers.
7. We each talk about our favorite thing that day. Sometimes we have to discuss our "other favorite thing" as well.
8. We give "little hugs" then "big hugs" then kisses all over.
9. She ensures that "Boo" is comfortable. This is Boo, sort of. Boo is actually white-ish with fuzzballs and a frayed ribbon.

10. Then we discuss who loves whom the most (I win by default.) Mary Jo, Mrs. G, Libby and Rachel- is that sentence grammatically correct?  Did I spell grammatically correctly? Is it correctly or correct? Oh dear.
11.  Finally, finally after she is snuggled in bed, kissed up, and comforted, the last thing every night is to make sure that she has "The Blanket that My Friend Candy Made For Me."

So thank you, Candace Diane, for the best blanket ever.  Just so you know, she also has "Shoes that my friend Candy gave me."

2 comments:

RRigdon said...

You were right with that sentence. And what a cute ritual. I love two year olds!!!

Anonymous said...

I have never felt so special in my whole life! I will have to whip her up a new blanket for the new year, maybe a "Pez" blanket? Thank you Hannah for including me in your nighttime ritual. I hope to see you and your Mommy very soon.