Friday, May 23, 2008

It was Quite a Day

We began the day by dropping off Holly, Christian and Cassie at school. Today was THE LAST DAY!!!!!!!!


Then Hannah and I went to eat breakfast here:

We only had an hour before we had to be back here:


for Christian's award ceremony where he was honored for having perfect attendance and receiving all A's. Unfortunately there was a two year old present who had difficulty sitting quietly through the ceremony. We had to leave sort of in the middle of the thing. It was very polite though, because Hannah shouted "bye bye" several times to all in the auditorium. I'm sure folks were laughing with us and not at us.


After almost arriving home, I received a phone call from school that Christian had his "nose stepped on by a classmate". I'm not sure how this happens, but it required a u-turn and another visit here:

After some ice and a "not broken" teacher diagnosis, Hannah and I left to go to her doctor. She was diagnosed with 2 ear infections and tonsilitis. Oh dear.


After a quick drop-off at Grandma's house, I went back here:

to attend Cassie's Celebration of Reading! Cassie, Grandma Vilas and I got to go outside and eat ice cream while Cassie read us her favorite story of the year. She did a great job! This is Cassie's very sweet teacher Mrs. G: (not my bloggy hero Mrs. G, another Mrs. G)

Grandma Vilas and I finally got to eat lunch, then it was time to go back here to pick the kids up for the last time this year!!!

We celebrated the official beginning of summer by having Fun Food Night. This is our monthly ritual where we eat whatever we want on a plastic tablecloth in the family room while watching movies (in my head I call it "Give-Me-a-Break,-I've-Had-a-Hard-Day Night.)

3 comments:

Mrs. G. said...

In all my years of witnessing my own kids' injuries and hearing about other people's kids' injuries, I have never heard of a nose being "stepped on" Priceless.

a said...

That WAS quite a day! I love the photographic illustrations -- almost as much as I love the idea of Fun Food Night. I may steal that one in a few years!

- Amanda M.

Anonymous said...

Fun food night sounds like every night at my house.
Candy