Thursday, May 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!

Dear Sweet Hannah Girl,

You came 8 weeks early.  It was not your fault, you seemed perfectly content, it was the fault of my blood pressure and a little fear of seizures.  They took us to Nashville in our very first (and hopefully only) ambulance ride.  Every time I went to get an ultrasound they commented on how squirmy you were.  You are squirmy still!  In fact, we had a REALLY hard time (19 hours of hard) trying to get you out because your foot was on stuck on your head!  11 people were in the room when you were born, so many that I don't even know the doctor that actually delivered you!  You weighed 3 lbs 4 oz.
You were in the hospital for 4 weeks with tubes and wires and beeping machines.  The NICU nurses were so wonderful and took really good care of you.  Nana and I stayed at the Ronald McDonald House right up the street so that we could see you every four hours.  We were allowed to change your teeny tiny diapers and feed you.



Then we got to bring you home!  Nana sat in the back seat with you and watched you breathe all the way.  The kids made you a beautiful banner and fought over who got to hold you first.

Your first day home!

Your first smile!
The first of so many!  Look at you now!  Today you are 2 years old and every day with you is so much fun.  You crack me up with the things you say.  I love watching you learn new things every day, every hour.  You like to talk about bulldozers, backhoes, lawnmowers and bobcats.  Today you told me that I put your shoes on the wrong foot.  Every night we snuggle and read books, it's really the only time you are still.  It's also the only time you snuggle so I look forward to bedtime every night!  You are exhausting and exhilarating and I'm so lucky to be your mommy!





Love,
Mommy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Hannah! I hope you have a great day, it's so much fun to watch you grow up. You are a very special little girl.
Candy

Mrs. G. said...

Happy Birthday to your girl!!!

a said...

Happy birthday to Hannah!

- Amanda M.