Saturday, October 3, 2009

I'm Annoyed with my Chocolate


I love Dove Dark Chocolates. When I was in the hospital after having Hannah I had quite a bad bout with postpartum depression. The nurse practitioner prescribed dark chocolate daily and since I take my health and doctor recommendations very seriously, I have followed orders and consumed one square of dark chocolate daily. Since one square is good for you, occasionally I have 2 squares, sometimes if I want to feel really good I have a third piece. But the problem (other than the expanding waistline) is the annoying messages that Dove feels the need to include in my treat..ahem...medicine:

"Do one more thing than you think you possibly can today" Seriously? I don't need pressure when I eat my chocolate.
"Send flowers to your best friend" Mary Jo, I love you. But I can't afford to send you flowers every time I eat chocolate. I'd be broke, and your house will look like a funeral parlor.
"Start a good habit today" I know they mean exercise, but they can't really say exercise because, you know, they make chocolate.
"Take a bubble bath" Well, I'm at WORK. Work is not conducive to bathing.

I hate my chocolates.
Yummy chocolates.


2 comments:

mary jo Johnson said...

I kept one of these... prescriptions in my desk at work for a long time. I can't really remember what it said, but it had something to do with living your dream or some such silliness. Of course, the only time I saw it was when I had eaten the eraser off my pencil and was digging for another one. I finally tossed it. I agree, it's too much pressure :)

candy said...

If my 44 ounce, fountain, diet coke in a foam cup came with a daily affirmation, I'd have achieved nirvana long ago. Whatever floats your boat...