Friday, May 8, 2009

Happy Mother's Day, Mama!

Mama, you are the person that made me who I am.  My first memories of you were around kindergarten when we were living in Canada and you spent your time playing with me.  I remember being in heaven.  I don't have any idea what you and Daddy were going through:  living in an apartment in another country away from your family when we had always lived in Illinois, close to both grandparents.  All I know is that I had a great room with my own record player where you and I played Donnie & Marie records.  We played all day.  Your days were filled with playing with me.  I took that for granted at the time, but now I know and understand what you did for me, and I try really hard to do that for Hannah.  You enjoyed your time with me and I felt that all the time.  You did everything right:  you raised me well, you love me, you love my Daddy, you are strong and capable and can do anything.   And, you and Daddy really rocked the 70's with his pipe and your 'fro!

Happy Mother's Day, Mama!!!
P.S.  I can't wait until you get here next week!!!!

3 comments:

RRigdon said...

Sweet. I love everybody's Mom. (That's not true...)

Anonymous said...

You are still the light of our lives and now we have more to love with Paul and our wonderful grandchildren. Love you, Mama

candy said...

That made me cry so I can only imagine what Vilas did when she read it. What a nice tribute to a nice lady.