Sunday, May 3, 2009

Very Verbal Child + Beautiful Ballerina = Pretty Loud Recital


Holly performed beautifully in a recital last weekend.  As always, she danced the entire recital with a huge grin on her face.  It brings tears to my eyes every year when she gets on that stage.  She has improved so much in just one year and I am always amazed at how graceful and poised she is. 

Hannah on the other hand, was not poised and graceful. She was loud and squirmy. After every dance she shouted, "Is it over?" then "Is it over now?"  In the middle of every dance she shouted, "Where's Holly?" and "I can't see Holly!!" One time, after I told her to whisper, she shouted, "Mommy, your breath is stinky!" Which may have been the truth, but oh my! Her cousin, Gracie was in the audience as well. She was the quiet one that peacefully nodded off to sleep even though Hannah was shouting intermittently, "Can I play with Gracie when this is over?" 

 Note to self:  This week practice indoor vs. outdoor voice and proper usage of both.

2 comments:

candy said...

She must get that from Paul's side of the family, I'm sure Vilas doesn't have any stories of little Natalie misbehaving in public. Even though I'm sure it was embarrassing at the time, it will get funnier each time you torment her with this story when she gets older.

Toothy said...

I swear to you, we did not hear Hannah shout from where we were sitting, so maybe just the 2 or 3 rows after you heard her. haha. I have seen Holly dance before at the Buddy Walk, but never a recital. Let me know when her recital is next year cause I want to come. She is a great dancer.