Saturday, December 5, 2009

Some Barnes & Noble Stories For You!

A woman was placing an order for a book. I asked and received her first name. The problem came with the last name. When I asked for it she replied, "Well, now, that's a long story." Really? Does it have to be?

A woman locked her kids in the car on the Friday after Thanksgiving. I called the police to unlock her car, then stood outside trying to teach her two year old, through the window, the manual dexterity required to unlock all the doors. He really wasn't interested in learning new skills though, and thought he would just stick to continuously locking the doors. Over and over.

Question, "Do you have a book that has a picture of a lady on it, except that it isn't a lady, it's actually an ear? Oh, and I think it has 'renaissance' in the title." Yes, we have that. Not exactly as you described now is it?




2 comments:

candy said...

My best customer story pokes fun at me and not the customer. It involves a midget. Need I say more.

RRigdon said...

Sometimes I'm so jealous of your job. Because, really, all you'd have to do is write down verbatim what happens in a day, and you've got an excellent book.