Thursday, December 17, 2009

Happy Birthday, Paul!

I love you because:

When you hold our baby, she looks at you like this (and she still does!)



You love me...all the time!




You can catch hummingbirds in your hand (that's a strange hybrid hummingbird with dog feet!!)




You tie dental floss to crab legs so that the kids can have a pet on the beach.


You built our kids a cool clubhouse!




You take pictures of rainbows. Every single time!



This just makes my heart melt! (This is Cassie, by the way!)



You are part monkey and totally fearless!



You play rough and tumble with our kids, which makes them brave and strong and also which evens out my warm and squishy!


Because you think this is a restaurant and you take us there to have dinner!


Because you Dance, Dance, Revolution like a pro!!!!
Because you now have reading glasses that you wear down at the end of your nose.
Because you could easily win any single reality game show (except The Biggest Loser.)
Because you have a huge amount of confidence and strength, and that makes me feel safe and loved.
You amaze me at your ability to do EVERYTHING!!!!
Happy Birthday!

Posted originally in February, 2008.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sweet, so glad you have such a great Valentine.
Candy

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I hope he appreciates this ode to him.

Toothy said...

Awe what sweet things to say about Paul. You are great with words, it has always been hard for me to convey how I feel on paper.