Sunday, December 20, 2009

A Christmas Program

First of all, I must REALLY apologize for posting these photographs. They are truly awful. I can make a million different excuses: bad lighting, operator error, horrible camera, my camera was intimidated by the other mommy's cameras, etc. Bad as they are, I think they illustrate Hannah's participation in her Christmas program.






Hannah's teacher said that she could not have been more shocked! Our little girl did not open her mouth once during her entire program. Except to yawn. Repeatedly. She also stretched and stood up when everyone else was sitting. Then she sat when everyone else was standing. She pulled her dress up. She did not sing. Her teacher said that during practices and during class she was the loudest and most expressive singer; that she would get on stage and sing even when there was no one else up there with her. I, however, was not shocked. Having just attended The Nutcracker with her a few days before, I could see where this was going.

2 comments:

candy said...

I think I acted just like then at my 8th grade graduation. Sadly, I even (accidentally, of course), pulled my dress over my head. At her age, everything she does is still cute. At 13, not so cute.

RRigdon said...

Oh...so funny, I could laugh for days. And sweet.