Monday, August 3, 2009

Oh, What a Great Summer We Had!!!

Today is the first day of school. I can't believe it's over. So sad. We had such a great summer vacation! I took most of my available time off this summer (thanks to my boss) so that I could spend every day with the kids, and boy, was it worth it!!!!

We started off the summer with a cruise and a visit to The Villages:
We played numerous games of Sequence:
We had family pictures made:
We went to Beech Bend Park:
and made fancy cakes with fondant:
We got some dogs:
We went to the lake bunches where Holly, Christian and Cassie learned to ski:

We cooked with Easy Bake Ovens:
We threw in a Vacation Bible School:
We played with friends:
We had a picnic in the park with their mom, we went with friends to the Imagination Station and jumped ourselves silly. We went shopping in Nashville, and we camped out in the backyard. We went to some Hot Rod baseball games. We had friends over for sleepovers and swim parties.


Best of all, I got to spend really great, quality time with the kids and Paul. Both individually and together as a family. It was better than I ever dreamed it could be!!

2 comments:

candy said...

Even though it didn't make the list, I was part of the spring of 2009 with a visit from you and Hannah that I loved so much. McDonald's food has never tasted so good. Hannah is endlessly entertaining and effortlessly cute!

Toothy said...

Jack had a lot of fun this summer too, he got to see Hannah at Lisa's, Gracie and Ezra at the concerts in the park, and at Chaney's, he went swimming a lot, and followed Alek and Nathaniel around evrywhere. Summer flew by didn't it? I'm glad you got to take off work and spend most of your summer with the kids.