Thursday, March 5, 2009

Shopping with a Twelve Year Old...

can be exhausting. Holly has definite opinions about what kind of clothes she likes. I guess most girls that age do. I didn't, at all, because I went to Catholic school and the only decision I had to make was what color tube socks to wear with my plaid jumper and white Peter Pan collar shirt. Lucky for me, Holly is pretty conservative so I rarely have to veto clothes based on their "hootchiness." We do have a difference of opinion regarding tightness, however. I said the jeans were a little too tight, Holly said they were not tight at all, not one bit. Together we developed a litmus test. If she can do the splits in the jeans she is trying on, they are not too tight. I'm sure others sharing the dressing room space were confused about what we were doing, but it worked for us!! I'm so thankful this is not a requirement for me, just trying on the clothes is torture enough!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Vilas will get a kick out of reading this post. Holly is such a pretty girl, she would look good in a sack.

Mrs. G. said...

Good compromise there mom. I remember the jean debates.

Anonymous said...

I LOVED uniforms. Much easier in the mornings getting ready for school. Vilas