Monday, July 28, 2008

Nice Writing and Nice Author

So a few posts back I wrote about Sarah's Key, a soon to be reprinted book by Tatiana de Rosnay (Isn't that a scrumptious name? I just asked Paul to start calling me Tatiana!)  I also emailed the author to let her know how much I enjoyed it because I think that it's important for people to know how their writing touches others- unless their writing stinks, of course.  Today I got the most lovely email back from her:



Dear Natalie,
I can't tell you how thrilled I was when I read your email ! I am going to forward it to my publishers in New York !
Thank you so much for getting in touch with me.
I will be coming to the US in the winter but alas not to Kentucky !


I am working on a new novel, a love story, my first !
Many many thanks again
Tatiana de R
Paris, France


It always makes me happy when good authors and good people as well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so impressed you got a n email from the author. I can't, however, get on board with calling you Tatiana but if it makes you fell better to think of yourself that way, go for it!