Thursday, July 17, 2008

Busy, Busy!

Life's been too busy to blog!  As soon as we got home from Florida we had to work like crazy people on the pool.  I'm not sure why we (as in Paul) had the sudden urge to finish it IMMEDIATELY, but I do know that it involved me washing, cutting and grouting tile after I put Hannah to sleep at night.  How can I complain when today we are filling the pool with water?  It takes several days to fill and several more to warm so my always ingenious husband has a plan to remove one of the steps.  He will heat the pool while filling it by using every water hose on the street, in the garages and at Sam's to spread out throughout the yard and on the roof (no, I'm not kidding, he put the hoses on the roof) to allow the sun to warm the water. 
 In the middle of all that I went to New York for a meeting for a few days.  It was fun!  We stayed at a great place in Long Island, the Glen Cove Mansion.  The meeting was informative and moved along at a nice pace.  I met some wonderful and successful managers from Oklahoma City, St. Louis, Salt Lake City, Houston, and Colorado Springs.  We had dinner with some big wigs and it's really nice to just sit and talk like normal people!  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pool looks great. I see Hannah is doing tricks in it already. Tell Paul his Solar system looks just like the ones in the Villages. Popa

Anonymous said...

I still say Paul should be featured on HGTV or DIY. It's incredible what he's built. Can't wait to hear about NY trip.