Thursday, July 31, 2008

The 5K Ass Project (Brought to you by Mrs. G)


Maybe you saw the video a few posts earlier that contains me in a bathing suit?  Well, it's a little jigglier than I would like.  Now, I know that the camera adds 40 pounds or so, but still.  I can see some work needs to be done, so I am joining forces with Mrs. G and some other folks to participate in her project.  Please understand that there is not enough money in the world to convince me to post a photo of my hiney, and I won't be participating in a 5K, but because Mrs. G is her lovely self, she lets people play without rules!  I have been swimming every night, increasing my laps by 2 every day.  I'm now stopping at 20 laps in order to increase my speed and the amount of time I have to spend gasping for breath at the end of each lap.  My goal is 100 laps and to be able to climb the rock wall.  Right now all I can do is hang limply from the rope ladder of the wall.  I call these pull ups.

2 comments:

Mrs. G. said...

You go! I'm looking forward to following everybody's journey.

Tracy said...

great to hear about your swimming, and i believe i do the same kind of pull ups. :)