Saturday, April 12, 2008

If You Are Ever in France and Need a Place to Stay...

I hope you find yourself at this door,

with these wonderful people,

with this view from your bedroom!
Libby and I had a wonderful, wonderful time.  Joe and Theresa were the best of hosts and catered to our every whim!  We woke each morning to fresh croissants, baguettes, fruit, coffee, and yummy jams.  We explored Paris, Blois, Bourges, Sancerre, Sully, and Chateauneuf.  We also saw this:

and this:
and this:
We drank a lot of this:
which came from this:
We ate a lot of this:
which came from these! (Obligatory goat hiney photo)
We met Joe and Theresa's lovely neighbor, Madame D
and Madame D's daughter and granddaughter
We didn't meet this lady, but doesn't she look very French?
We had the most magnificent 6 course meal I have ever had at this restaurant:
We ate a little of this everyday!

These are the homes that I am considering for my Imaginary Summer Home in France:



I think this one wins!!!

A photo of me taken after the wine, goat cheese, pain au chocolat, and pastries:

I just can't say enough how wonderful it was to stay in Joe and Theresa's cozy home, to be spoiled for a whole week, to have great conversations that lasted so long we were certain of the presence of a time warp in the dining room, and to explore France!!!!!!!!!!

Go on over to Theresa's blog to check out her new life in France!




3 comments:

Mrs. Davies said...

I agree. The entire trip was 'formidable'. We could all take host and hostess lessons from Joe and Theresa. Vive La France!
Libby

Hammer said...

Welcome back anytime! We really enjoyed having you both.

Anonymous said...

I loved seeing how beautiful it is and how happy Theresa looks in France. Where are the pictures of you and Libby?
candy