Saturday, December 29, 2007

O.C.D.


Obsessive Calendar Disorder (One of my flavors of crazy)


The Great Planner Search of 2008 has officially begun! I begin my futile search in July, when all the cute Back to School planners come out and then again in December when planners are everywhere. I buy several, thinking that one will do. Of course, it's not QUITE right, but close enough. Then I find something closer. This means no one around me needs to buy a planner because I always have several at my disposal. What I want shouldn't be hard to find. I'm not asking for much. Here are my planner demands:
  1.  The week must start on Sunday. This is not because of God, but because my work week begins on Sunday and if my calendar doesn't, then I cannot be relied upon to come to work on the right day.
  2. The planner should be small enough to fit in my purse but checkbook size is too small.  Now, in the past, I have compromised on this point and have just purchased a bigger purse, but that causes all sorts of other problems that fall under different crazy flavors.
  3. The days should have big enough boxes to write at least one birthday and a soccer game in the same day.
  4. These boxes should not have lines.  I don't really know why, but the lines bother me.  It's too much pressure.  Just plain black boxes please.
  5. I would like it to be covered in plastic so that it doesn't fall apart in the middle of the year.
  6. No cutesy sayings or puppy dogs or kitties.  Not that I have anything against puppy dogs or kitties, I just don't want them on my planner.
  7. I would like to have an inside pocket to put scraps of paper.
  8. It must be monthly.
OK, that's it!  Don't these all seem like reasonable requests?  Can anyone find this planner?  I am developing a back-up plan of making my own, should I fail once again at my search.  
Oh dear.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm in favor of you making your own planner. You design it and the nice people at Kinkos will bind it, they offer several options. Think of the fun you'd have designing the cover. I think if you can design this blog, you can master the planner. Candy