Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A Crying Jag

I'm not sure what's going on, but lately I've been on a crying jag. Really strange things have been setting me off. Some examples include
1. The Biggest Loser makeover week (well, DUH that one is gonna get anyone crying),
2. My daughter as an Oompah Loompah this past weekend during her high school musical. Really anytime she is on stage for anything I begin to cry. She is just so lovely and is clearly enjoying herself at that moment that I lose it.
3. While running a 5K, I cried when I saw the woman playing the banjo in her front yard. She was playing for us, I think. Maybe she just sits in her front yard every day and plays the banjo, but regardless, I felt that she was congratulating me on my mad running skillz by picking the banjo on her lawn. And at that moment, it was the sweetest thing ever.
4. My daughter invited 40 kids to our house. They were all doing their own thing in the pool house. Some were swimming, some in the hot tub, some snacking. Then a song came on and, as if it were planned, all 40 kids began singing the chorus: "Tonight, we are young. So let's set the world on fire. We can burn brighter than the sun." And because all that was true, I cried.

So to recap, I have been overcome several times in the past 48 hours by very random things: a pop song, a television show, an Oompah Loompah, and banjo pickin'. I might need some medication.

4 comments:

mj said...

Hmmmm... Remember that time you wrote a blog post, 2 years later? I'm glad you're back :-) I'm not so glad you are randomly crying. I'd recommend staying far, far away from Wal-Mart.

Natalie said...

Yes, I couldn't remember my password which is why I can never comment on your blog. That is why you should blog more frequently.

kal said...

I've been thinking about your blog and wishing it would return. I too am glad you're back. I too am not so glad that you're crying, but since it seems to be crying associated with happiness, I won't worry too much about you!

Jeanne Marie said...

Hi Natalie-
This was a very pleasant diversion from my otherwise crazy day. . . being a mom is what the crying is all about!