Sunday, November 8, 2009

New Old Piano

Thanks to the magic of Facebook, I was able to find and purchase an antique upright piano. For really cheap. It's not great, and parts are missing (like those brass sconces on the sides of the piano in the photo below) but it plays, and with tuning it will sound pretty good. It's mahogany and has some beautiful inlay work. I'm counting on my Daddy to make it look shiny and new again. He's amazing at things like that. I played piano for years and still read a bit of music. How fun to try again! It's going in our dining room, which I am slowly taking over as my own.


6 comments:

Toothy said...

WOW that is pretty?

candy said...

That's beautiful. Where did you put it?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Natalie said...

Candy, I'm putting it in the dining room. I'm secretly trying to make it my own room.

Mom said...

Dad can't wait to start looking for the brass parts. We all know how he loves to work with wood and such. Can't wait to see it.

Mom said...

Dad can't wait to start looking for the brass parts. We all know how he loves to work with wood and such. Can't wait to see it.