Friday, September 25, 2009

Glen Cove Mansion

I went for a meeting this week in New York; Long Island, to be exact. It was one of those meetings when you come back all energized and ready to do some good work.
This Gold Coast mansion has been used in many different films such as Sabrina, North by Northwest and most recently Sex & the City 2.
Glen Cove was also the home of Billy Joel, Mel Gibson, J.P. Getty, J.P. Morgan, Franklin Woolworth and Telly Savalas.
Other than the fancy meeting rooms and really comfy guest rooms, it also has a 5 mile path to the Atlantic, a bowling alley in the basement, and an outdoor ice skating rink (in the winter, of course!)
Oh, and while I was gone, Hannah ate a small metal toy. No worries though, Hannah informed me that she was "still working on it" to get it to come out.

3 comments:

Toothy said...

Is that where you stayed, it is beautiful. What did the metal toy look like, just curious, since she allready got a shoe stuck up her nose and a finger stuck in a whiffle ball. she reminds me of me when I was little, accident prone. LOL

candy said...

Looks like a lovely place for an escape. Hope Paul didn't attempt to retrieve the small metal thing with one of his tools. I have an image in my mind of him going after the whiffle ball with the big, loud saw.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.