Friday, July 10, 2009

Rough Week


I got poison ivy. I think I got it from our new puppies, since I'm not really one for yard work. I have it on my forehead, jaw, fingers, lower legs, and arms. I am scratching everywhere all the time. It's a good look.
I broke my pinky toe while inner-tubing on the lake. Tubing is a strange thing. I find it so painful, sort of like whiplash (more on that later!) but it is one of my very favorite things to do! Paul zips us around so fast that you have to hang on for dear life. I think I was trying to hang on with even my toes, when my pinky got jammed.


My car got side swiped while in the parking lot at Barnes & Noble. This is the second time that someone has hit my car then driven away. So, I took it in for $1,500 worth of body work.
I was supplied with this awesome 2009 Ford (sorry Daddy, I didn't have a choice) Escape in the meantime. I loved driving it, except we didn't all fit in it. So, Cassie stayed at Grandma Lisa's house while the rest of us ran some errands. Later, at a tricky intersection, a car came shooting over the hill and slammed into our rear end. Our car was turned 180 degrees and the airbags all deployed. I have never been in an accident before and was never so scared in my life. I felt like 10 Second Tom, because I kept asking the kids over and over again, "Are you o.k.?" Luckily, we are all fine. Oh, except the rental car.
Let's hope next week is better!

3 comments:

Toothy said...

Oh my goodness! Wow, I am sooo sorry to hear all of that. You know I just went out into town yesterday while jack was taking a nap and almost got into 2 accidents, people were super crazy drivers yesterday (crazy than usual, is there a full moon or something). Well first a man wasn't paying any attention to traffic and didn't realize I had stopped and slammed on his breaks and screetched his tires and had to swerve in the turning lane to avoid me. Then this semi-truck wanted over in my lane, so I let him in, then he got completely over in the turning lane at krogers and decided oops that's not were I needed to turn and swerved back over in my lane so fast that if I wouldn't have reacted the way that I did, his front right tire would have run up on top of the front left of my car and me. So sorry to hear about your week, let me know if you need anything, take care and I hope you have a good week next week.

RRigdon said...

OMG. I give this week a rating of Suck Minus! Stay home for a few days. Inside. Maybe in the guest apartment to be on the safe side.

candy said...

Your week sounds dreadful. Did you have to go to work with poison ivy? Thank goodness you and the kids weren't hurt. Having the airbags deploy must have been terrifying.