Saturday, July 11, 2009

Don't Call Them Strange, Call Them Pyrenees

We LOVE these dogs; these sweet lab/pyrenees mix muts that we adopted. Charlie appears to be more of a lab, while Rosie is more the pyrenees. Which is just a nice way of saying that she is a weird dog. Apparently pyrenees are diggers. They are also barkers. Oh, and they need a job in order to feel useful. Oh yes, and they are independent thinkers, so they are quite difficult to train.

Rosie
So, as I understand it, I must let Rosie bark, while digging a trench around our house to protect it, since this is her job. And she works 3rd shift.
But, when she is not working, she likes to sit in my lap so I can brush her. She has the sweetest brown eyes that look up at you from her freshly dig hole.


Charlie
And then there is Charlie. He is perfectly content to let Rosie have the job. He is a house husband that spends the day lying in the hole dug by Rosie. He is easily bribed by doggie treats and has a bit of a beer belly.

2 comments:

Mrs. G. said...

Oh my goodness. Send me one now! I'll pay postage.

candy said...

Think I have a lot in common with Charlie. I am easily bribed by treats and have a bit of a beer belly, too. Cute dogs.