Monday, October 13, 2008

A Day in the Life: An Assignment from Mrs. G

You all know Mrs. G right?  She's the very funny one over here.  Well, she has asked us to post a blog about a typical day in the life.  So here is my Monday, October 13th.

It started at 6 am with a little girl calling in the sweetest voice, "Mommy, Mommy!".  Since my alarm was set to go off in 2 minutes anyway, I got up and got us ready to go for the day.  We need to be out of the door and down the street to Grandma Lisa's house by 6:30 if I am to make it to work on time.

By 6:45 I am on my way to work.  It unfortunately, is not a straight shot.  In order for me to get to work, I must make my way through the Starbucks drive-thru.  On the way I listen to a beautiful version of Rainbow Connection.  You know what?  Kermit sings it well, but it is a great song! Once I am armed for the day with my caffeine and my peaceful music, I can face the Monday Management Meeting here:



I get to work by 7 am and after spending a couple hours with the entire management team, I continue my day of planning, scheduling and selling BOOKS!!!  At 3:30 I am done and go to pick up some snacks for friends that are coming over later.  Then I get to pick up Hannah from her Grandma's house.  We play for a bit and she tells me about her day, then we get ready for our friends to come swim with us!

Libby and Lloyd brought over some new friends and we had a great time!  We can't wait to have them over again!  Rachel and her children were so sweet! After everyone left Hannah conked out immediately with her Pez holders in hand.  Then I took to sewing some Halloween costumes!  Here are Holly's hippie pants.  I just cut up some of my old jeans and added some crazy corduroy.  Sad part- I used to be able to wear these jeans!

Afterwards, I swam some laps and am now planning to hit the sack!  A day in the life!

3 comments:

Glennis said...

Sounds like a great day. How I'd like to work around books! Although I work in a business lots of people think is fun, and it has its down sides!

Love the hippy pants, with the wild flowered bell bottoms! Hooray!

Mrs. G. said...

What a nice day--a sweet girl and a book store. Nice.

RRigdon said...

I love your blog! I can only hang out with moms who still say nice things about my family when we blatantly exited in a fit of five-year-old drama...