Sunday, January 13, 2008

The Destruction of MY Room!



I've been trying for months to find a room of my own in this house. Just a small corner of space that I can sit some things on and call it MY OWN. Not that I can't share or anything, but come on people, I need SOME SPACE! It doesn't even matter if I use the space or not, just knowing that it is there is nice. Sometimes I peek my head in just to look at it. In this room I have my head vase collection: (strange, but true,) my wonderful antique walnut desk, and pictures from my travels. Some might refer to it as a dining room, but whatever. Now, as of today, with one quick trip to Sam's, it has been reverted to a game room. Not just any game, a loud, crashing, banging, whooping and hollering game. It is temporary, until the pool is finished, but still... I am not happy about the bad mojo going on in my room!
My wonderful bloggy friend, Mrs. G, has decided to take over her laundry room as her space, I might join her! By the way, she's asking for decorating tips (Candy, I'm looking at YOU!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here are a few suggestions that come immediately to mind. 1) Move it to somewhere else - maybe Paul's workshop? 2) Work WITH the table. I think it would make a lovely changing table, especially with all that air blowing... Can you say airdry? 3) If all else fails, I'll give you 50 bucks for it AND haul it away. Sometimes you have to fight for what's yours.

Mrs. G. said...

Perhaps you need to post hours on the door. I hope you find a little corner to call your own. I understand your need to just know that it is there.

Anonymous said...

As far as the laundry room goes, I'd think twice before velcroing another skirt to my washer and dryer. The heat from the machine makes the velcro fall off. I have seen your house and it's so roomy, what about the screened porch? It seems to me that a trip to Lowes is in order. They sell a variety of locking devices, stake your claim and lock the door! Maybe when the pool house is done, you can claim a room out there as your retreat. Good luck!
Candy