Wednesday, February 6, 2013

When You Lose Your Holly Jolly

Retail Christmases can be ummmm... challenging.  This year was no exception.  There comes a point in every season when I lose my Holly Jolly and no amount of jingly bracelets, potlucks, or Christmas music can fix it.  So, I do what any other person would do and whine on Facebook.  The next day came an outpouring of love and hugs and visits and presents and woah...how lucky can one girl be?   When I got to work  that morning I had a gift from my friend David hanging on the front door.  My sweet friend Lene and her awesome kids brought me flowers and box of treats! I got a special hug from  Melissa who is QUITE STINGY with her personal space.  I also got a hug Kristie and a visit from  Phil!  My friend Jenni brought by a yummy treat with a sweet note, and my Bargain Jack brought me a Christmas present.  

How many times do we know when a friend is struggling?  How often do we stop what we are doing and go out of our way to make someone feel better?  Do we think we don't have the time, or that it doesn't matter really?  Well, I can tell you, I got these gifts and hugs and well wishes and IMMEDIATELY by day got brighter.  And stayed brighter.  And the brightness flew out of me and spread to others and before you know it I was hugging customers and throwing parties.

The things that we do affects others.  Sometimes it's the small things that are the most meaningful;  the fact that friends saw my whiny post, thought of me and made plans in their day to include dropping something off with the sole intent of cheering me up- and it did!  





post signature

1 comment:

Lene said...

I think that people doing things for you is a reflection of you, just as much as it is them. I love doing things for my friends and am glad that we could make your day better. You are such a great person so it makes it a joy to do things for you.