Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Photos from the Conference

For those of you that are interested. Here are some photos taken by Mark, the store manager of the Jackson, Mississippi store. He was so nice to send them all!

The Dolphin Hotel at Disney World in Orlando, Florida. I never saw the light of day. You can't see my room from this photo. I had the view of the loading dock on the other side.



Steve Riggio, CEO, opening the conference.

The announcement of "Quamut" our new how-to website and guides.

Patrick Lencioni, author of The 5 Dysfunctions of a Team, trying to get us psyched to talk about our dysfunctions. We spent a whole day discussing this. He was actually a fantastic speaker!



Look! I'm a top performer!! In all categories!!! And I'm old!!

This is my boss (the guy on the far left) and the other managers in my district. We spent a lot of quality time together this week!!!! I'm not drunk in this photo but my face just does this whenever a camera is near.




The Barenaked Ladies once again entertained us, mildly poked fun at us, and called hecklers onto the stage to berate them in front of their peers!





We had wonderful authors! Except Alice Sebold, she was dreadful. Very disappointing since her books are so great. Jodi Picoult told fascinating (for book geeks) stories of her research. She is very bubbly and energetic. I think if I met her in the grocery or someplace we would be friends. Peter Yarrow (from Peter, Paul and Mary fame) is a warm and fuzzy hippy with diva tendecies. He kept sing-songing peace stories, then screaming at the sound guys. David McCullough is like a grandpa that you want to hug. He spoke sweetly about his family and gave props to his wife for organizing him and their life. Oh, and did I mention that he is brilliant? Tom Brokaw, well he quite a storyteller. What brings them all under one roof? They each have a new book coming to your Barnes & Noble this fall.



The man who started it all, Len Riggio.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great time was had by all. So weird to see the managers and only know you & Cheryl! So jealous you had Jodi Picoult. Can't wait to hear all about it.
Candy