Tuesday, December 18, 2007

A Visit to the Doctor



Hannah had her 18 month visit to the pediatrician. She is in the 80th percentile for height and the 15th percentile for weight. The doctor says she will be a tall skinny girl. I wondered how he could make such a long term statement when it is really too early to tell if she has inherited the very serious Snickeritis that inflicts her maternal side of the family. He also said that I should work on fattening her up. I wish my doctor would tell me that. I would develop a serious attitude towards my weight gain and would plan my snacks and meals with the intent to consistently gain. I would want to make my doctor proud.

Her doctor asked how many words she knew and if she knew her nose and ears. We scoffed at this! Hannah pulled out all the stops and blew him away with "elbow", "shoulders" and "hiney". After she threw the doctor kisses and waved bye-bye, he left the room and sent in the nurse to do his dirty work. Hannah was not happy about her flu shot but forgot in about 30 seconds when presented with a sticker. Sometimes a colorful sticker is all it takes.

2 comments:

Mrs. G. said...

Just once, I would like to have someone tell me I NEEDED to fatten up. Milk shakes for all. She sure is cute!

Anonymous said...

I think it's amazing that Hannah is 18 months old already! She gets cuter and cuter with every picture you post.